Assistant Corporate Controller (HYBRID)
|Employer Name||Fulton Bank||Address||1 Penn Square, Lancaster, PA 17602|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2|
|Experience||2 - 5 Years||City||Lancaster|
Apply for this Job
The primary responsibilities of this position are to support the Chief Accounting Officer & Controller with accounting-related functions including monthly reporting and account reconciliations, monthly consolidations, journal entry review, accounting analysis, application of complex accounting standards and completion of bank regulatory reports. The incumbent in this position will be the main point of contact for the accounting function for internal and external auditors.
The position is located in Lancaster, PA with hybrid flexibility to work from home a portion of the week.
• Oversee the financial accounting and financial reporting processes for regulatory filings, monthly accounting consolidations, and certain account reconciliations, and ensure monthly consolidations are complete and accurate.
• Conduct accounting research and collaborate with team members to ensure all financial reporting complies with US GAAP or appropriate regulatory accounting standards.
• Collaborate with the Manager of Financial Reporting in researching technical accounting matters, reviewing and approving accounting policy positions and implementing new accounting standards and technical accounting issues.
• Oversee the accounting for more complex areas including, but not limited to, stock compensation, CECL, mortgage servicing rights, derivatives, business combinations, incentive plans and healthcare accruals.
• Serve as the finance function’s primary liaison with risk and compliance units in the organization and primary point of contact for internal and external auditors. Assist in research and analysis of regulatory reporting matters and capital analysis. Serve as primary backup to the Controller.
• Plan, manage and evaluate the work of direct staff, establish strategic and operational goals and objectives, provide coaching and development, partner with Human Resources to resolve direct and escalated employment matters.
Bachelor Degree or the equivalent experience. Specialty: Accounting. (Required)
7 or more years public accounting or equivalent experience in a related field. (Required)
3 or more years banking or financial services. (Required)
Certified Public Accountant. (Required)