Global Tax Analyst
||100 overlook Drive, Princeton, NJ
||2 - 5 Years
Apply for this Job
The Office of Finance & Treasury at Princeton University seeks a Global Tax Analyst to join our Global Financial Services team.
The Global Tax Analyst position will support both the Senior Associate Director of Global Financial Services and the Senior Global Tax Analyst with daily operations and back office support related to foreign national tax reporting, payments, and compliance. The analyst will develop and apply knowledge of Princeton’s foreign compliance requirements, foreign banking, foreign hiring, account reconciliations, and overall customer service. In this role, the Global Analyst will work closely with Princeton’s international population, campus academic and administrative departments, and several partner departments within Finance & Treasury, including Payroll Services, Procurement Services, Bursar’s Office, Controller’s Office, and Tax.
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively searches for staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues.
This is a two-year term, benefits eligible position.
International Tax Reporting and Compliance
• Support Senior Global Tax Analyst with onboarding, payments, adjustments, and determination of tax requirements for international faculty, staff, students, and guests
• Support year-end 1042/1042-S tax filing process and distribution of forms to University’s international population
• Perform monthly tax account reconciliations
• Support Senior Associate Director with foreign compliance requirements and reporting
• Book monthly expenses for applicable foreign bank activity and collaborate with Controller’s office on reconciliations
• Manage year-end close process for foreign bank activities where applicable
• Respond to Global Financial Services email and phone inquiries from international students, scholars, guests, suppliers, and campus departments
• Website management/updates
• Support Senior Associate Director with international hire set-up and processing where applicable
• Bachelor’s degree in tax, accounting, finance, business or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 3-5 years’ work experience in a finance environment
• Basic understanding of accounting and reconciliations
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Experience with PeopleSoft
• Experience with tax reporting and compliance
• Knowledge of IRS regulations and laws regarding international taxation
• Basic knowledge of immigration statuses
• Basic knowledge of payroll functions and processes
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer(https://rrr.princeton.edu/eop) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW(https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8OA1m2Tz1d5JfxQVuR2Zm
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other