Small Business FInance & Lending Manager
||DETROIT ECONOMIC GROWTH CORP
||500 Griswold, Suite 2200 Detroit, MI 48226
||2 - 5 Years
Apply for this Job
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Detroit Economic Growth Corporation (DEGC) is seeking an energetic and skilled individual to fill a new role that will develop, facilitate, and service implement a host of small business financing activities in collaboration with DEGC’s small business programs and its CDFI lending partners.
The person in this role will serve as a liaison between DEGC and CDFI partners to help facilitate cohesive, collaborative and coordinate loan and grant making activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or a closely related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience in small business banking, lending, economic development or related field.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft excel and office suite.
• Detail-oriented and organized in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands and priorities.
• Strong analytical, verbal, and organizational skills required. Must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and problem-solver.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve the best possible solutions.
• Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner.
• Ability to receive and understand direction, ask questions when appropriate, and manage time to work effectively and independently.
• Experience interfacing with internal and external stakeholders and diverse clientele.
• Experience working with public or governmental entities.
• Respect for and a genuine interest in advancing the growth of small Detroit-based businesses primarily lead by Black people and people of color.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with high standards and realistic understanding of what it takes to open and operate a business.
• Other duties as assigned.
A competitive compensation package will be provided to the successful candidates. Salary range is dependent on experience and is accompanied by a full range of benefits.
The DEGC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national, social or ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/wy84AzuGk51NCz7VFqOey
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other