Accounts Payable Specialist
|Employer Name||American Farmland Trust||Address||150 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 600|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2|
|Education||Bachelors Degree||State||Washington, DC|
Apply for this Job
American Farmland Trust is the only national organization that takes a holistic approach to agriculture, focusing on the land itself, the agricultural practices used on that land, and the farmers and ranchers who do the work. Since our founding in 1980, AFT has helped permanently protect over 6.5 million acres of agricultural lands, advanced environmentally-sound farming practices on millions of additional acres, and helped thousands of farm families make a go of it (primarily through programs that increase farm viability and/or enhance farmland access). Long a pioneering leader, AFT is now riding a new wave of growth, driven by agriculture's most pressing needs and opportunities.?
What You'll Be Working On
* Reviewing all payables for approvals, coding, and accuracy prior to performing data entry into accounts payable system, Concur.
* Processing daily cash receipts and makes bank deposit.
* Preparing journal entries, maintains ledgers, prepares detailed cost accounting information, and reconciles reports and ledgers for fixed assets, capitalized items, and expense accounts.
* Deciding proper handling of financial transactions; approves transactions within designated limits.
* Overseeing corporate credit card program.
* Processing annual 1099's.
* Managing integration of accounts payable information to general ledger.
* Assisting team with creating policies and procedures for efficient accounts payable solutions.
* Knowledge of GAAP principles, practices, regulations, and procedures as they relate to accounts payable.
* Knowledge of automated software systems such as Concur, Intacct, and Microsoft Dynamics.
* Skill in both verbal and written communication. Must be able to give training and orientation to new hires for expenses processes.
* Organized and detail oriented.
* A team player with strong customer service orientation to internal and external stakeholders.
* High level of ethics, integrity, transparency, and trustworthiness.
* Keeps commitments, maintains confidentiality.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
* Demonstrates thoroughness and success with detail work.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related area; OR 4-year accounts payable, accounting or related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
* Expertise with Concur.
* Expertise with Microsoft Excel; including VLookUp and Macros.
Why you should apply
* Be a part of a purpose-driven, committed, knowledgeable, high-performing, experienced and fun team
* A diverse and inclusive work environment
* A cause and mission you can be proud of
Ready to apply? If this job sounds like a fit for you, then click on the 'apply' button below.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Z4Qoy2uGJ8XpHOyqfdaKV
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other