|Employer Name||3M||Address||3M Center|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2||224-1N-10|
|Experience||2 - 5 Years||City||Maplewood|
Apply for this Job
3M is seeking a Tax Analyst for the Tax & Real Estate Department within the Finance Organization, located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Tax Analyst will primarily be responsible for federal income tax compliance matters.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of certain Parent company book / tax differences used for the US federal consolidated income tax return, quarterly tax provision adjustments, and estimated tax payment calculations.
- Interaction with finance department and subsidiary personnel to prepare federal income tax returns.
- Research, analysis, and interpretation of existing and proposed legislation with respect to various federal income tax issues.
- Identification of opportunities to minimize income tax liabilities and expense and respond to general tax questions from all levels of company personnel.
- Team with other tax department personnel and/or company personnel as needed for special projects.
- Possess a Bachelorís degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in income tax, accounting, and/or finance in a private, public, government or military environment
- CPA certification
- Master of Business Taxation
- Proficient with OneSource Tax software (Compliance and Provision)
- Proficient with SAP
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.