|Employer Name||3M||Address||3M Center|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2|
|Experience||2 - 5 Years||City||Maplewood|
Apply for this Job
3M is seeking a Financial Analyst for the Automotive Aftermarket Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Financial Analyst will primarily be responsible for providing financial counsel to one or more BDUs within the division.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst in AAD. AAD is a division with USD 1.3B sales WW. The person hired for this position will report to AAD finance manager and become a member of the Safety & Industrial Business Group Business Finance Team.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Financial counsel to the organization leaders and teams (Sales & Marketing / R&D / Manufacturing, including directors)
- Work with both the global business team and other 3M subsidiaries worldwide
- Finance representative on the global business team, providing monthly analysis of worldwide financial results and attainment of targets
- Work closely with manufacturing on driving cost down and inventory valuation for the business
- Provide analysis of operating department budgets and counsel
- Provide financial analysis of investment opportunities, new product opportunities (NPO), acquisitions and divestitures, pricing plans, etc.
- Develop, drive and attain the assigned business units in the annual operating plan and monthly rolling estimates
- U.S. P&L close involvement
- Articulate results of financial analysis, influencing business thinking, and negotiating outcomes to ensure business results attainment
- Proactively develop analysis and work with business to drive change
- Assure full compliance with U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley controls, and 3M financial standards
- Possess a Bachelorís degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in Accounting and/or Finance in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Accounting and/or Economics from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) combined years of experience in financial statement preparation and/or execution of business queries
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience of providing business counsel
- CMA and/or CPA certification
- Experience providing financial counsel for manufacturing
- Experience working on Lean Six Sigma projects
- Sound analytical skills
- Solid communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- SAP experience
- Considers implications beyond own area across functions, businesses, countries
- Ability to find alternative paths to reach objectives
- Demonstrates ability to think "outside the box" and embrace change
- Proven problem solver and success implementing change
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% travel within North America
Relocation: Is not authorized.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where youíll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.