Vice President of Finance
|Employer Name||Next Door Milwaukee||Address||2545 North 29th Street|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2|
|Experience||7 - 10 Years||City||Milwaukee|
Apply for this Job
The Vice President of Finance (VPF) is responsible for providing strategic leadership of the agency’s Finance and IT Departments applying strategic fiscal knowledge and analytical skills to manage financial processes and data systems to support the delivery of high quality, comprehensive child development programming. The VPF provides on–site oversight of the day-to-day operations for the agency’s fiscal department. The Vice President of Finance will also provide technical support to all departments at Next Door regarding any fiscal matters.
This position will work with the President to establish and lead a coordinated and purposeful system of accountability with the goal of promoting a positive organizational culture and enhancing organizational alignment, consistency, staff and family satisfaction
• Work with the President to ensure organizational effectiveness through strategic planning, risk management, self -assessment and systems integration.
• Provide support to the Board of Directors, various committees and management to facilitate agency decision making by presenting financial analysis and recommendations, including report development and compilation of statistical summaries and special report requests utilizing various sources of information.
• Work with the Finance Director to ensure a sound fiscal structure. Ensure that all policies, procedures and transactions are conducted in accordance with current legal and audit standards, Head Start performance standards and applicable accounting principles.
• Work with the IT Director to ensure that systems are compliant, effective and that relevant data is collected and analyzed on a regular basis.
• Ensure that policies and procedures comply with all government regulations and funding source requirements and are structured to meet agency objectives and support the overall business plan.
• Develop budgets, budget justifications and fiscal narratives for grants, as requested. Secure bids, and negotiate contracts on behalf of the agency.
• Continually monitor organizational information needs, create dynamic innovative systems to meet changing requirements and external environmental challenges.
• Work with the VP of Development, VP of Programs and other departments by coordinating and providing guidance and technical assistance.
Accountability and Performance Requirement
All staff members are accountable for knowing and performing the responsibilities associated with their individual position in an efficient and effective manner, understanding that each of us plays an integral role in the success of our mission. All staff will support the agency mission, vision, standards of conduct/code of ethics and strategic directions and support administrative decisions. This must demonstrated by maintaining a positive work environment, and by behaving and communicating in an appropriate manner with children, families, coworkers, supervisors and the public while achieving performance expectations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with financial or management concentration, or related field. CPA strongly preferred.
• 7 to 10 years progressive business and financial management experience, preferably in a multi-dimensional non-profit, community-based organization receiving funding from multiple sources.
• Knowledge of most current federal administrative requirements and cost principles.
• Experience in federal procurement procedures.
• Ability to provide competent leadership for the agency through foresight, planning, organization and follow through (strategic thinking and decision-making abilities).
• Personal vehicle to use on a daily basis.
• Valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
• Automobile insurance with liability limits of $300,000 (bodily injury) and $25,000 (property damage for each occurrence).
• Strong analytical and statistical skills demonstrated by the ability to understand, analyze and interpret data.
• Experience and ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization to develop and maintain effective work relationships (interpersonal skills).
• Ability to respect and protect confidential information.
• Experience and ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
• Other duties as assigned.