Analyst, Corporate Development
|Employer Name||3M||Address||3M Center|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2|
|Experience||2 - 5 Years||City||Maplewood|
Apply for this Job
3M is seeking an Analyst for the Corporate Development group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Across the globe, 3M is inspiring innovation and igniting progress, all while contributing to true global sustainable development through environmental protection, corporate and social responsibility and economic progress. We are applying our science and innovation to make a real impact in every personís life around the world.
The 3M Corporate Development group plays a critical role in helping 3M achieve these objectives by sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and closing strategic M&A, investment and partnership opportunities. The Corporate Development Analyst supports these activities by performing complex financial and risk analysis and otherwise supporting our Corporate Development Managers as they lead these strategic projects through the full cycle of execution.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Engaging closely with our Corporate Development Managers and business leaders to fully understand our strategies and then partnering with them to identify, evaluate and develop acquisition, investment and partnership opportunities that will help them achieve our objectives
- Supporting the development of creative and highly tailored deal structures and processes that result in optimal solutions for unique project objectives
- Supporting the overall project management of large, complex, global transactions, including the formation and operations of large, cross-functional teams for due diligence, forecasting, valuation, negotiations and internal approval
- Working with business units conduct all aspects of due diligence and to validate assumptions and determine reasonableness of key financial drivers
- Prepare accurate financial packages for executive committees to enable them to make effective investment decisions
- Occasionally leading smaller projects of moderate risk and complexity
- Forming trusted relationships with business decision makers that enable effective communication and alignment around critical business decisions related to our projects
- Continually increasing your understanding of 3Mís unique history, culture and capabilities, including our fundamental strengths of technology, manufacturing, global reach and brand
- Maintaining a passion for continual improvement of our processes and organization and contributing to the ongoing development of our systems and people and overall success
- Possess a Bachelorís degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined experience in mergers and acquisitions, finance, and/or consulting in aprivate, public, government or military environment
- MBA from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in mergers and acquisitions
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in valuation analysis
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance, tax, legal, and business operations
- Advanced excel skills in building and adapting financial models
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to translate complex business problems into financial terms
- Creative problem solving with the ability to work with diverse functional teams to evaluate and resolve complex issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness to meeting tight deadlines
- Knowledge of 3Mís markets, products, and technical direction
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international
Relocation: is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where youíll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.