|Employer Name||3M||Address||905 Adams St, SE|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2|
|Experience||0 - 2 Years||City||Hutchinson|
Apply for this Job
3M is seeking a Plant Analyst for the US Plant Analyst Center (PAC) based in Hutchinson, MN supporting the Hutchinson, MN plant. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Plant Analyst will be responsible for advancing the 8 guiding principles of our team for the Hutchinson, MN plant.
The 8 Plant Analyst Center guiding principles are:
- Compliance and integrity first
- Be the ďright handĒ to the Plant Manager
- Provide counsel to reach 3Mís business goals
- Data accuracy at the source
- Standardize best practices across plants
- Provide leadership in Business Transformation activities
- Maximize time in plants - you have to be present to contribute
- Training and development of ourselves, 3M Finance, and our clients
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate, consolidate, monitor and analyze financial reports for the site.
- Finance Counsel to Plant Management influencing key performance indicators (KPI)
*Manufacturing Variance Analysis
*Inventory Movement, Adjustments and Reserves
*Operating Expenses with Net Spend Analysis
- Strong partnership with supporting the Site Lead Plant Financial Analyst, Division Finance and Manufacturing Teams to drive improvement
- Influence data accuracy at the source
*SAP Preparation and Implementation
*Inventory Valuation & Product Costing Review
- Support Site Lead Plant Financial Analyst with Annual Operating Plan for the Manufacturing Facilities
- Provide Insightful Predictive Analytics of financial performance to Site Lead Plant Financial Analyst and Plant Management including partnerships with Division Finance and Division Manufacturing on a weekly/monthly rhythm
- Assure full compliance with U.S. GAAP and 3M financial standards; complete quarterly plant self-assessment
- Financial Acumen Training of our peers and our clients
- Be a Leader/Member on the PAC Standardization Projects that are aligned with furthering our 8 guiding principles
- Align with the Business Accounting Team (BAT) to communicate a clear understanding to plant KPI activities resulting from plant financial performance.
- Complete the financial analysis and recommendation for Operational AFEs.
- Participate in Lean Six Sigma events (Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Hoppering, etc.).
- Validate relevant LSS projects are accurate, measurable, and impactful.
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where youíll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
- Possess a Bachelorís degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Bachelorís degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or Economics from an accredited institution
- Masterís in Business Administration (MBA)
- Demonstrates ability to act as a change agent
- Minimum of one (1) year of Finance and/or Accounting experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of manufacturing cost accounting experience
- CPA and/or CMA certification
- Completed LSS Green Belt Training
- Project management experience
- Ability to find alternative paths to reach objectives
- Ability to build strong professional relationships with plants, business partners
- Considers implications beyond own area across functions, businesses, countries
- Sound analytical skills
- Solid communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- SAP experience
Location: Hutchinson, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic travel
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.