Corporate IT Audit Specialist
|Employer Name||3M||Address||3M Center|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2|
|Experience||2 - 5 Years||City||Maplewood|
Apply for this Job
3M is seeking an IT Audit Specialist for the Corporate Auditing Business Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Corporate IT Audit Specialist will conduct and lead audits of high risk and complexity while working in a team-oriented environment. They will gain a broad knowledge of 3Mís processes, functions, and businesses while auditing 3Mís divisions, plants, and acquisitions. They will have the opportunity to present audit findings and recommendations to senior 3M management both verbally and through written audit reports.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts and leads audits with a focus on IT risk, to ensure the accuracy of financial statements, adequacy of operational and internal controls, and identification of administrative efficiencies, that will lead to savings in financial resources and time.
- Leverage innovative approaches for conducting global IT audits that are relevant to Company business model and address areas of high and emerging IT risks.
- Conduct scheduled audits for the year, work with auditees to avoid repeat audit comments, ensure audit management action plans are closed completely and on time
Specific tasks include:
- Participating in audit scoping activities and risk assessment
- Interviewing function, process and division management about their processes and control structure
- Analyze data relevant to process being audited to identify control gaps and areas of potential operational improvement
- Document and summarize audit findings and develop recommendations for process improvement
- Communicate audit findings both orally and in written form to business unit management
- Possess a Bachelorís degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience working in Finance and/or IT in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelorís degree or higher in MIS, Finance, Information Technology from an accredited institution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid analytical, prioritization, and problem-solving abilities
- A team player who is flexible, adaptable to change, and enthusiastically pursues solutions to challenging situations
- Experience working in an internal audit function or external experience at a Big 4 in IT space
- Experience working with SAP
- Working knowledge of 3Mís IT systems
- Working knowledge of statistical sampling methodologies
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where youíll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.