|Employer Name||3M||Address||3M Center|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2|
|Experience||2 - 5 Years||City||Maplewood|
Apply for this Job
3M is seeking a Financial Analyst for the Personal Safety Division Ė Fall Protection Business located in Red Wing/Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Financial Analyst will be a valued cross functional team member within a growing Fall Protection Business which works to bring workers home safely everyday. He/she will be responsible for providing financial counsel to the business on new products, operating plans, quarterly operating reviews and other required business financial support. The Financial Analyst position is a great opportunity for your financial career development as you will be the valued financial leader for the growth of the Fall Protection business. You will be exposed to all levels of business management within Fall Protection and the Personal Safety Division. The position is a unique opportunity to work with an acquisition and attain integration experience. Get ready to continue to drive business success as a member of the Fall Protection team.
For additional business group/division/product information, please visit: 3M.com/FallProtection
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Financial counsel to the organizationís business leaders and functional teams.
- Work with both the U.S. business team and global 3M subsidiaries.
- Engage in the U.S. P&L close process and provide analysis of US financial results.
- Partner with the Research & Development organization to drive project prioritization, resource allocation, budget management, and support New Product Introduction processes.
- Key team member creating the US Operating Plan, quarterly operating review (QOR), and related business targets.
- Support Business Unit leaders through monthly analysis of results, department spend, P&L forecasting, and ad hoc analyses.
- Involvement in global integration of Fall Protection Business, including providing data, training on 3M tools, and counsel as needed.
- Manage the AFE process and financial reviews for all US AFEís requiring financial justification.
- Engage and Partner with US Business Accounting, Corporate Accounting, and Global Service Center in the close process each month, including necessary analysis to ensure accurate P&L.
- Articulate results of financial analysis, influencing business thinking, and drive desired outcomes to achieve business results.
- Proactively develop insights, analysis, and provide counsel to influence the business and drive change.
- Assure full compliance with U.S. GAAP and 3M global financial standards
- Possess a bachelorís degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of four (4) combined years of accounting and/or finance experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelorís degree or higher from an accredited university in Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience of providing finance business counsel in a private, public, government or military environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and data query tools
- SAP experience
- Experience with Longview planning application
- Sound analytical and critical thinking skills with a strategic mindset
- Strong communication and influencing skills - ability to interact with people at all levels
- Ability to find alternative paths to reach objectives
- Demonstrates ability to think "outside the box" and embrace change
- Proven problem solver and success implementing change
- Track record of collaborating with teams to create unique, compelling, and impactful analyses
Location: Red Wing/Maplewood, MN
Travel: Up to 50% dependent on primary work location
Relocation: Is authorized
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).