Real Estate Supervisor
|Employer Name||3M||Address||3M Center, Bldg 224-1N-10, Bldg 224-1N-10|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2||3M Center, Bldg 224-1N-10|
|Experience||2 - 5 Years||City||SAINT PAUL|
Apply for this Job
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Real Estate Supervisor for the Real Estate Department located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
This position performs financial and risk analysis for 3M business units located worldwide. Provides insight and direction to senior finance, corporate and divisional management with respect to the financial statement impact of complex and diverse real estate transactions proposed by 3M business units and local country subsidiaries. As part of the Real Estate Department Operating Committee, this position is directly involved in the determination of the direction, priorities and resource alignment of the Real Estate Department and is accountable for the results associated therewith.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Member of the Real Estate Department Operating Committee
- Implement Real Estate Department programs and procedures as directed by the Real Estate Senior Manager
- Develop and implement department priorities in addition to those set by the Real Estate Senior Manager
- Develop standard metrics to track 3M real estate assets and goals to measure against such metrics
- Manage large and complex real estate projects and implement global real estate strategy
- Quantify and analyze alternatives and deliver recommendations, including analytical support to BU, financial and executive management as part of the real estate decision making process
- Team with 3M real estate and non- real estate professionals to manage 3M real estate assets with environmental constraints or other unique qualities
- Represent the Real Estate Department on individual merger, acquisition and divestiture projects
- Complete due diligence and valuation analysis associated with
- Formulate contract negotiating points and assist real estate counsel in contract negotiation
- Support the integration and post-closing activities
- Provide support and counsel with respect to real estate sites that are specialized in use, zoning, environmental condition or have increased visibility in the community
- Train other 3M personnel on real estate tools and processes that relate to financial analysis, land planning, project execution and metrics
- Develop processes to insure that data is properly collected, maintained and reported
Identify opportunities and initiate actions to improve department and corporate real estate processes
- Participate in cross-functional teams to drive process improvements in corporate initiatives
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: Up to 20% domestic and international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where youíll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
- Possess a bachelorís degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) combined years of experience in real estate and/or finance in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience with commercial real estate leasing, purchase and sale transactions
- Degree in real estate, finance or business
- Applied knowledge of international real estate practices in leasing and buying/selling real estate
- Able to independently manage a large volume of varied and complex real estate projects
- Able to model and communicate the financial statement impact of real estate decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with real estate or construction project management and negotiations
- Effectively manage relationships inside and outside of the real estate department
- Proven ability to manage people and/or complex real estate processes
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Understanding of 3M structure, organization, and business culture
- Experience in land planning practices and permitting of mines and/or other large scale industrial projects
- Familiar with SAP