Executive Director for Strategic Sourcing
|Employer Name||RADFORD UNIVERSITY||Address||PO BOX 6920|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2||PO BOX 6920|
|Experience||5 - 7 Years||City||RADFORD|
Apply for this Job
Reporting directly to the Vice President for Finance and Administration this position serves as the University’s Chief Procurement Officer. This position will ensure the Department of Procurement and Contracts provides sustained enterprisewide leadership and the operational services and support to ensure Radford University and its employees can obtain the best value in efficiently procuring the goods and services needed to fulfill the institutional mission.
• Advanced degree in public administration, business administration or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and related professional experience.
• Progressively responsible experience in and leading large and diverse public or private sector procurement organization(s)
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with various levels of management and staff in a diverse environment.
• Experience with contracting process and knowledge of associated local, state, federal, and other regulations.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems. Strong analytical skills and an ability to summarize detailed data into meaningful management reports.
• Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
• Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Employee development and performance management skills.
• Experience assessing contract compliance and product/service quality.
• Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
• Knowledge of contract law.
• Experience negotiating and managing contractual arrangements.
• Ability to analyze purchasing requests/orders for compliance with institutional procedures and state, federal, and other regulations.
• Ability to prepare bids, requests for quotes, and proposals in compliance with University business policies.
• Knowledge of and experience with complex automated financial systems. Aptitude to work with database reporting tools, pivot tables, core functions of highly detailed spreadsheets and flow charts.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and complete large complex projects and to set and meet deadlines.
Experience in higher education institution.
Professional certification (e.g., C.P.M., CPSM).
Minimum 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible experience in and leading public or private sector procurement organization(s) comparable to the size and complexity of Radford University.
Advanced degree in public administration, business administration or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and related professional experience.
Broad understanding of Higher Education funding and procurement requirements, needs and challenges
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other
Salary commensurate with experience.