Manager of Finance I
||Cradit Farm Dr
||2 - 5 Years
Apply for this Job
The ILR School is seeking a Manager, ILR Office of Sponsored Research for the ILR Budget Office and the K. Lisa Yang and Hock E. Tan Employment and Disability Institute (YTI).
The position provides comprehensive financial and administrative services, management, and leadership in sponsored funds: pre and post award management; planning and budgeting; analysis and reporting; financial accounting; labor allocations; compliance and stewardship of resources and supervises support staff in daily operations.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three to five years of finance or accounting experience.
• A minimum of three years prior experience with sponsored project proposal preparation, submission, and administration.
• Knowledge of working with NYS awards, grant making foundations or federal sponsors (such as DHHS (NIH), NSF and USDOL, Ford Foundation, etc).
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite applications: Excel, Word, and Outlook including a high level of proficiency in creating new and updating existing reports and charts using Excel.
• Advanced proficiency with computer applications for financial management and reporting, such as the Kuali Financial System (KFS) and Salesforce.
• Prior supervisory and management experience of two or more employees.
• Successful completion of the Research Administration Certification Program or similar training will be required within a reasonable period of time (generally within 12 months).
No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship provided for this position.
For more information and details, visit http://www.ohr.cornell.edu/jobs (posting # posting number:
WDR-00013601) under staff positions section. Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter describing qualifications online.
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery and engagement. With our main campus located in Ithaca, NY Cornell's far-flung global presence includes the medical college's campuses in Manhattan and Doha, Qatar, as well as the new Cornell Tech campus located on Roosevelt Island in the heart of New York City.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other